Thursday, December 17, 2009

Foonote

I want to thank the generosity of so many who made this journey possible—Andrew, my mother, John and Huan. Thank you to my children who believed I could make it, and should do what I was inspired to do. I am grateful and deeply indebted to my travel companions, Huan, John, Daniel, Popo, Khenpo Tsultrin, Amber, Lama Gursan, Rinpoche Sopa, Carmen, Connie, Beatrice, Robert, Ryan and others whose name I don’t know or may be forgetting who took care of me day by day, bringing me food, caring for me, helping me upstairs and downstairs, and carrying my heavy bags with cameras and lenses. Thank you to the monks in the office of the Rinchelin Monastery, who put up with me every day working on pictures on their tables. Throughout this trip I was surrounded by unbelievable kindness, from the little monks who wanted to pose for the camera to His Holiness, who so kindly received me every time I wanted to see him or take someone to see him. Thank you Holiness attendants, his secretary Acharia Kinley, and his manager, always opening doors for me with large smiles. Thank you all the Rinpochess and Tulkus on the front lines in the Gompa, which cared for my bags and lenses while I took photos all over the place. I am thankful for the kindness of so many new friends, brothers and sisters, and the so many strangers who gave me a spoon on the road, or their place in long lines for food or bathroom, to unknown monks of other lineages who would take the trouble to walk me in dark nights of power outages back to my hotel.

Thank you the planet Earth for being our mother and the ground for this amazing adventure of consciousness. Kindness of heart paved this journey. May all beings benefit, and their future be brighter and brighter so they can all be liberated. May light and love prevail. May the planet Earth survive our profound ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment